- Privacy Statement
Moovosity Pty Ltd ACN 621 258 302 (we, us, our) consider the privacy of your personal information important and we take our responsibility to protect it seriously.
We treat all personal information collected in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act), the Australian Privacy Principles (APP’s) contained within the Privacy Act and this Policy.
- Collecting personal information
Personal information is information or an opinion of an individual whose identity is apparent or can be reasonably ascertained.
We collect a wide variety of personal information that is reasonably necessary for the purposes of conducting and improving our business and our services. This information is collected from a wide variety of sources including:
- through the account creation process within the Moovosity application (Moovosity);
- through marketing research;
- through business interactions;
- via surveys;
- by otherwise having some form of contact with us such as by mail, telephone, email, internet or intranet; and/or
- through any of our other business activities or events.
Personal information collected by us may include:
- your name;
- your email address;
- your child’s first name (or nickname);
- your child’s activity data; and
- your accounts preferences and opinions relating to our services; and
- all logs, which may include information such as your internet protocol address, browser type, browser version, clickstream data, referring URLs, the pages of Moovosity that you visit, the time spent on any pages of Moovosity and other log related information relating to your use of Moovosity.
We endeavour to only collect personal information about you or your child where it is reasonably required.
- Use of personal information
We automatically gather information to monitor the use of Moovosity and to support our service delivery. Most of the information we gather is aggregated and anonymous to us.
Sometimes you will be asked to confirm that you agree to a particular activity, or the collection of your personal information for a specific purpose. We will make it clear to you if any information is being collected in a way that could personally identify you.
Generally, we use personal information for providing, evaluating, improving, personalising and developing our services and Moovosity. More specifically we use personal information for:
- improving in Moovosity activities;
- improving the effectiveness of Moovosity services;
- improving user satisfaction;
- providing support;
- promoting and marketing our services (each person may opt-out of marketing and sales communications);
- our internal research and statistical purposes (including market segmentation, market analysis, trend identification and value analysis); and
- enabling us to forward to you other information or material which we believe may be of interest to you (each person may opt-out of our information sharing communications).
- Disclosure of personal information
4.1 Disclosure generally
We do not disclose your personal information to any third party without your personal consent, except where the personal information is aggregated and anonymous or where a third party that the information is being disclosed to requires it to assist us in an advisory, technical or services sense.
We will only disclose personal information, other than as mentioned above, as legally required – either upon valid court order, pursuant to the Privacy Act, or where compelled by a law enforcement or governmental agency.
Users will be notified as soon as reasonably possible, where allowable by law, if any request is made for your information to be disclosed.
4.2 Information you make public
Certain information, such as your child’s activity progress and your child’s name, may be sent by you to other third parties through our ‘sharing’ functionality. This feature is designed to enable you to keep friends and family up to date with your child’s progress and to enable you to easily introduce new people to Moovosity where you are enjoying the service.
We urge you to exercise caution when deciding to share your and your child’s personal information. You agree to assume all responsibility for the personal information that you have sent to others using our ‘sharing’ feature.
- Protecting your personal information
5.1 Steps we take
We take reasonable steps to protect personal information we hold (including your personal information) from:
- misuse, interference and loss; and
- unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
The precautionary steps we take to protect personal information include:
- adopting measures to protect our computer systems and networks for storing, processing and transmitting personal information;
- adoption of procedural and personnel measures for limiting access to personal information by our staff;
- regularly reviewing our information collection, storage and processing practices; and
- such other security measures we consider reasonable and appropriate from time to time.
Notwithstanding that we use our best endeavours to protect all personal information we collect and hold, please note that we unfortunately cannot guarantee its complete security.
5.2 Deleting your personal information
When personal information is no longer required to be kept by us, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or delete the personal information in a confidential manner.
- Overseas disclosure
6.1 No overseas disclosure
Subject to 6.2, we store all personal information that we collect on servers located in Australia and will not disclose or transmit this information overseas.
6.2 Disclosure for analytics
We use Firebase’s analytics to track your usage in Moovosity. Firebase analytics is provided by Google. Google utilises the data collected to track and examine the use of Moovosity, to prepare reports on Moovosity’s users activities and to predict trends and future behaviour.
6.3 Consent to overseas disclosure
Other than as contemplated under this clause 6, we will only disclose your personal information to an overseas recipient if:
- you consent to the transfer; or
- the disclosure of the information is required or authorised by or under an Australian law, other applicable law or a court/tribunal order.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure such overseas recipients do not breach the APP’s or are subject to laws or a scheme substantially similar to the APP’s.
- International users
If you are located outside Australia and choose to provide your personal information to us, your personal information will be transferred to Australia and will be processed in accordance with this Policy.
- Third parties
We confirm that we have no control over, and assume no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party sites or services whatsoever.
You should be aware that your ability to opt-out of a third party tool or platform will depend on the conditions governing your agreement with that third party.
- Accessing and updating your personal information
9.1 Access to Personal Information
We will provide you with access to your personal information held by us unless:
- denying access is required under the Privacy Act or any other applicable law.
- giving access would be unlawful; or
- Request for Access
If you would like access to your personal information aside from your account information, you must contact us in writing making such a request. Following receipt of your request, we will contact you and either provide you with the information you have sought, or return to you with an explanation detailing why we will not provide you with the information.
9.2 Amending your personal information
We endeavour to keep all personal information we hold accurate, up to date and complete. If at any time you wish to correct any of your personal information and you have an account, you may do so freely at any time via your account profile following your log on.
If you wish to amend personal information that we hold that is not editable under your account, please contact us to request amendment. If we elect not to correct your information, we will notify you, within a reasonable time, of the reason for our refusal, the mechanisms available for you to complain about our refusal and such other matters required by the Privacy Act.
If you wish to have your personal information deleted, please let us know and we will take all reasonable steps to delete it, unless we need to keep it for legal reasons.
We strive to ensure strict compliance with this Policy and to regularly review our practices against it.
If at any time you have a complaint against us regarding this Policy, including a breach of the Privacy Act, we invite you to make a complaint. All complaints made will be dealt with in confidence. We endeavour to respond within 30 days of receipt of a complaint with a resolution or proposed resolution to the issue raised.
Please note that you may also make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) about the handling of your personal information. Information on making a privacy complaint can be found on their website at http://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/making-a-privacy-complaint.
We reserve the right to vary this Policy from time to time without further notice to you. Any variations made will be updated on our website. We will not reduce your rights under this Policy without providing you with notice.
It is your responsibility to check our Policy every now and again to ensure you are aware of any changes made to it.
- Further information
For any further information about this Policy please contact us by emailing email@example.com.